Monday, April 5, 2010

Timeline:2006




2006

Maybe you get only one of these in your life, I'm not certain. For me, her name is Joy. Even now, when I close my eyes and think of what love is, I see her. 2006 was the year we met and started going out. God. I was so in love with her, I couldn't stand being away from her. I was 16 and not knowing what was going on-I just went with my crazy feelings and let it unfold knowing little of what would result. That's what you do when you're that age right?

Joy was amazing. Durring this era I would spend so much time with her. She ultimately became my only friend. We would know eachother's high school schedule by heart and meet between every class even if it was for 2 minutes. Our time together was precious. I remember we went to the warped tour together since we both liked pop-punk. On random weekends she would invite me upstate with her family and we would just walk around suburban malls thinking we were the shit. In the summer she would go on vacation or camp and we would mail eachother letters. everything that I could ever get my hands on-ticket stubs, old bandaids, trinkets-things that carried a memory, I would collect in this shoe box. on that shoe box i wrote "2006 - " at the time hoping I would never put a date on the other end.


When I think of it now I still get warm feelings-it wasn't an insane amount of time ago and the memories of the 16 or so months we spent together was really something. Joy without a doubt affected me in the deepest of ways. If I hadn't met her, perhaps I wouldn't be so animate about writing. This blog would likely not exist. I remember when we were together I would keep a little journal and only let her read it, it was sorta how I would express myself to her when I didn't have the words to speak.

We were together up until early 2008, I guess we just sorta grew apart. We would break up and get back together weekly, we were a volitile couple. Though this particular time we didn't make up-that was it. She has been the inspiration/influence that I have written about countless times. Everything that could of been said of her, I have on a peice of paper some where. nice things. angry things. sweet things. moment of jealously and rage. she has taken me throught the emotional spectrum and shaped me into me.



No regrets now, cause what was learned from the experience was truely priceless. She was the girl I lost my virginity to though I would hardly describe it as a loss. She was a virgin too, I suppose you can call it an exchange. I feel really lucky to have experienced such a young naive love and wouldn't of had it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment