Saturday, March 6, 2010

The girl I'm obsessed with



Judge me as you will.

Months ago was when I first heard of her. maybe I saw a picture or something. Whatever it was, she was brought to my attention. I've never formally met her, however I know as much as her facebook profile will tell me.

Yes. I'm a total creep. I've looked at all 1000+ profile/tagged/album pictures. I've read what she writes and occasional what others right to her. I do not check up on her daily, only when she comes to mind. This may be once or twice a month.

No, I don't have a shrine to her. No, I don't camp outsider her house. No, I don't stalk her. It's 2010, we keep folders full of pictures we like of the person we're obsessed with, she is no exception. She is beautiful.

I've been "obsessed" now for maybe a year. In this past year I've seen her in person 3 time, all of chance encounter. We roam the same parts of lower manhattan and even have mutual friends, it would only be a matter of time. The times I've seen her I was from a far. I've never spoken to her, yet I would recognize her face. When I see her I won't do anything, just take mental note. "that is her" I say to myself, and continue off.

Am I revealing too much? Or is this sounding familiar to you? No one needs to know...except you. What is the nature of our generation. To be stand-offish and criticize others for being animate of their desires and motivations?

Why am I revealing my nature?

Because maybe she will see this. Maybe she will read this. Maybe she'll even be flattered. What should I be afraid of? That she might get a glimpes into my soul and think badly of me? Then she's not for me. Simple as that. I would hope that I don't come across as a threat but instead a harmless admirer.

It's not like me to leave things up to chance when I know the odds aren't great. What I'm writing now you could say is my lottery ticket.

Jonn

2 comments: